Why Move To Greenville, South Carolina?
Whether your job is the reason for relocating here or you're searching for a place to retire, Greenville has much to offer for people in all walks and stages of life. Below are a few highlights that show why Greenville is a great place to call home.
- Named the 2003 winner of the "Great American Main Street Award"
- Downtown Greenville is home to over 130 retail shops and 75 restaurants in a one square mile area
- One of the only downtowns in the United States with natural waterfalls
- More than 1,300 condos in the downtown area
- The $12 million Reedy Falls Park with lush gardens and the unique curved pedestrian suspension bridge overlooking Reedy River Falls
- Over 200 yearly events, including a weekly music series that takes place April through September on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
- The Peace Center which offers Broadway productions, as well as concerts
- The Bi-Lo Center Arena, which is home to a wide range of sporting and concert events
- Greenville has more foreign manufacturing investment per capita than anywhere in the entire United States
- 245 international companies from 20 countries call Greenville home
- 170 corporate headquarters are located in Greenville
- Expansion Management Magazine named Greenville as one of "America's 50 Hottest Cities"
- Greenville has brought in more than $6.5 billion in new capital investment in the past 10 years
- There are over 51 golf courses to choose from
- There are more than 300 waterfalls within a 2-hour drive
- Bike Magazine rated Greenville as a "Top 5 Best Place To Live And Ride"
- There are 12 State Parks within an hour of the city
- The Boston Red Sox Single A affiliate, The Greenville Drive, play in a brand new stadium in Downtown Greenville, which is rated as a top stadium by Ballpark Digest
- Average high in July is 88 degrees
- Average low in January is 32 degrees
- Average annual snowfall is 2 inches
- The Greenville Hospital System performs more heart procedures than any other hospital in South, and has the largest obstetrics program in South Carolina, with 6,000 babies delivered annually
- The St. Francis Surgery Center is rated #1 in the country for overall quality of care for outpatient surgery services
- The Cancer Center of the Carolinas offers genetic counseling, clinical trials and the Oncology Research Institute
- There are numerous nursing homes with a wide range of services
Location - From Greenville To:
- Asheville, NC - Home of Biltmore Estates - 1 hour
- Atlanta, GA - The South's fastest growing city - 2 hours, 30 minutes
- Charleston, SC - One of the nation's most historic cities - 3 hours, 30 minutes
- Myrtle Beach - A Leading golf destination - 4 hours, 30 minutes
- Hilton Head - Golf, tennis and boating - 4 hours
These are just a few of the reasons you should consider making Greenville your new home. You may also find more information on Greenville neighborhoods and homes for sale and please contact me, so I can assist you in an easy relocation to our area.
More Greenville Real Estate Search Options
Search Greenville Homes by Home Style