The now familiar trend continued in February in the Greenville South Carolina real estate market. Home sales are up and home for sale inventory is down. The homes for sale inventory has continued to hover around 4,000 single family homes for sale which is down nearly 12% from February 2012. When good quality listings come on the market that are priced appropriately, we are seeing them go under contract quickly with multiple offers in many situations. Single family home sales year to date are up 10% over the same time period in 2012. We are all anxiously watching the developments in Washington and hope our political leaders can come together to reach some solutions.
Below is a recap of activity based on information from the Multiple Listing Service of Greenville, South Carolina, Inc. for single family residential home sales for February 2013.
- There are currently 4,046 single family homes for sale in the Greenville SC MLS
- 524 of these are to be built/new construction homes
- During the month of February there were 457 homes closed
- The average sold price for February closings was $169,848 which represented a 3.8% discount off list price
- Homes closed in February were on the market an average of 102 days
- Year to date in 2013 there have been 901 single family homes closed compared to 813 for the same time period in 2012
You have probably heard the saying, real estate is like the weather, meaning it is very local in nature. Here in Greenville, the real estate sector continues to improve and home values are improving as well. If you are considering purchasing a home in the Greenville area, please contact me.
We just launched the newest version of www.EddyKicker.com and would like to hear your comments and suggestions. Please use the comment box below or contact me. Our site is all about being the best home search site available in this area