Real Estate Rules of the Road-House Hunting 101
• Assume every home we view has cameras. Your comments could be going directly to the seller.
• On average home buyers look at 12 homes before making an offer.
• Every resale home will have a sellers disclosure filled out by the seller. This of course does not take the place of a home inspection.
• Closings typically take 30 days from date of fully executed contract. During that time we will schedule the home, termite and radon inspections. The lender will schedule the appraisal.
• Closings here happen at attorney’s offices.
• Earnest money checks are typically 1% of the offer price.
• Property taxes for owner occupied homes AVERAGE $700 per $100,000 of home tax accessed value. Non owner occupied is about 2.5 times higher. For example a home assessed at $300,000 would have an annual tax bill around $2,100.
• The listing agent is working for the seller and tasked with getting the highest price possible for the seller. You can have an agent represent you at no cost to you that will work in your best interest. Please review the SC Disclosure of Real Estate Brokerage Relationships to determine how you would like to be represented.
Eddy Kicker and Associates
3445 Pelham Road
Greenville, SC 29615